President Biden to Nominate ALI Director Revesz to Lead OIRA
On Friday, September 2, President Biden announced his intent to nominate ALI Director Richard L. Revesz for the position of Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) Administrator.
Revesz is a leading expert on environmental policy and regulation. He is the AnBryce Professor of Law and Dean Emeritus at New York University School of Law. He founded, and has led for more than a decade, the Institute for Policy Integrity, a think tank and advocacy organization that promotes desirable climate change and environmental policies.
“President Biden has made a stellar choice in Ricky to fill the position of OIRA Administrator,” said ALI President David F. Levi. “In addition to deftly leading the Institute’s projects from inception to completion for nearly a decade, he is a brilliant writer and scholar and an expert in regulatory law and policy. We are all wishing him the best as the Senate confirmation process moves forward.”
Revesz was elected to The American Law Institute in 1991 and has served as the Institute’s Director since 2014. He will continue serving as ALI’s Director while he awaits confirmation.
- David Marcus @UCLA_Law and Lauren Sudeall @GeorgiaStateLaw have been selected as Associate Reporters for Principles… https://t.co/giHnHf5Odn@AmLawInstJan 27
- Robert B. Ahdieh @TAMULawSchool has been named Vice President for Professional Schools and Programs at @TAMU.… https://t.co/MUXFFYxdVV@AmLawInstJan 26
- Michael S. Ariens @StMarys_Law has authored ‘The Lawyer's Conscience, A History of American Lawyer Ethics,’ a book… https://t.co/lYmso9MbDj@AmLawInstJan 25
- New on #ReasonablySpeaking: ALI President David F. Levi sits down with M. Margaret McKeown @US9thCircuit for a disc… https://t.co/alPdqw3KpL@AmLawInstJan 24
- 14 ALI members were honored at @TheAALS 2023 annual meeting with section awards for excellence in legal education.… https://t.co/HiRW9w4ClQ@AmLawInstJan 23