Bennett Capers Named Research Chair
Fordham Law School has announced that I. Bennett Capers has been named the John D. Feerick Research Chair. The Feerick Research Chair was created in honor of John D. Feerick, dean emeritus and Norris Professor of Law, for his scholarly transformation of Fordham Law.
“Being named a research chair is already amazing, but holding a chair named after Dean Emeritus John Feerick ’61 takes this to a whole other level,” said Capers in the announcement. “It’s not just that John made Fordham Law School what it is today—a nationally recognized law school known for its scholarly excellence and commitment to students. It’s also that John, in many ways, represents the lawyerly ideal of someone who has used the law as a tool for effecting real change that makes the world a better place.”
The Feerick Research Chair is a rotating position awarded to a Fordham Law faculty member who has achieved significant scholarly distinction through their publications and the impact of their work in their field.
- Following her retirement from the @uscourts, U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina, Margaret B Sey… https://t.co/FfZHzQAeyN@AmLawInstSep 22
- M. Margaret McKeown @US9thCircuit has authored ‘Citizen Justice: The Environmental Legacy of William O. Douglas—Pub… https://t.co/t4acdyDSnY@AmLawInstSep 21
- Deborah Archer, Wenona T. Singel, and Shoba Wadhia participated in the @acslaw annual Surpeme Court Preview on the… https://t.co/1FpxkPJmNA@AmLawInstSep 20
- Happening tomorrow, @MasonLEC webinar on the Supreme Court's 2022-23 term with ALI Council member John H. Beisner… https://t.co/D4f4CahxIT@AmLawInstSep 15
- Now available: "Ownership Concentration: Lessons from Natural Resources," on The ALI Adviser.… https://t.co/XbEOaSsfdT@AmLawInstSep 14