Commercial Lending Today
ALI CLE’s upcoming program on commercial lending features ten ALI members. The program, co-chaired by ALI member Harry C. Sigman, will take place on April 20-21 in San Francisco, California.
ALI members will share critical developments in commercial lending and their impact on practice. Topics covered at this year’s program include:
- The intersection of Articles 2 and 9
- The issues that arise when goods subject to a security interest are in the possession of a third party
- Hidden and limited guaranties, including “bad boy” guaranties
- Best practices for intellectual property security interests and the new ABA Model IP Security Agreement
- How the Hague Securities Convention will affect practitioners and parties to commercial transactions
- Opinion letters: Traps for the unwary
- The latest in commercial and bankruptcy case law
The following ALI members will join Mr. Sigman at the April event:
Carl S. Bjerre — University of Oregon School of Law, Eugene,
Henry S. Bryans — Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
Neil B. Cohen — Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn; Research Director, Permanent Editorial Board for the Uniform Commercial Codes
Susan M. Freeman — Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP, Phoenix
Thomas Plank — University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville; Of Counsel, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, Washington, D.C.
Sandra M. Rocks — Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP, New York
Stephen L. Sepinuck — Gonzaga University School of Law, Spokane, Washington
Edwin E. Smith — Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP, Boston and New York
Steven O. Weise — Proskauer Rose LLP, Los Angeles
Visit ALI CLE for more information and to register.