Democracy in the Balance
This Thursday, April 26, former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates will host the discussion forum “Democracy in the Balance: The Essential Role of Democratic Institutions and Norms” to discuss the rule of law, a free press, and an independent judiciary at Georgetown Law Center.
The event will feature panel discussions exploring current challenges to longstanding democratic institutions and norms in the United States.
Georgetown Law Center Dean William M. Treanor will provide the opening remarks. John B. Bellinger III of Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer and Donald B. Verrilli Jr. of Munger, Tolles & Olson will be featured on the Rule of Law Panel. Paul L. Friedman of the U.S. Court for the District of Columbia, Timothy K. Lewis of Schnader Harrison Segal, and retired D.C. Circuit Chief Judge Patricia Wald will be featured on the Independent Judiciary Panel.
For event details visit Georgetown Law.
- David Marcus @UCLA_Law and Lauren Sudeall @GeorgiaStateLaw have been selected as Associate Reporters for Principles… https://t.co/giHnHf5Odn@AmLawInstJan 27
- Robert B. Ahdieh @TAMULawSchool has been named Vice President for Professional Schools and Programs at @TAMU.… https://t.co/MUXFFYxdVV@AmLawInstJan 26
- Michael S. Ariens @StMarys_Law has authored ‘The Lawyer's Conscience, A History of American Lawyer Ethics,’ a book… https://t.co/lYmso9MbDj@AmLawInstJan 25
- New on #ReasonablySpeaking: ALI President David F. Levi sits down with M. Margaret McKeown @US9thCircuit for a disc… https://t.co/alPdqw3KpL@AmLawInstJan 24
- 14 ALI members were honored at @TheAALS 2023 annual meeting with section awards for excellence in legal education.… https://t.co/HiRW9w4ClQ@AmLawInstJan 23