Mark Martin is Founding Dean of HPU School of Law
High Point University has announced that Mark D. Martin will serve as the founding dean of HPU’s School of Law.
“Words cannot adequately express my appreciation to Dr. Qubein for giving me this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity,” said Martin in the announcement. “I look forward to working with a broad array of extraordinary legal scholars and leaders to build a law school of distinction, one with a national reputation for excellence.”
Martin previously served as chief justice on the North Carolina Supreme Court and as dean and professor of law at Regent University School of Law.
HPU School of Law was announced earlier this spring as a part of HPU’s academic expansion plan. The law school, pending approval by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, is expected to open in 2024.
- Paul B. Stephan @pbstephan3 was interviewed for an article in @rollcall where he discussed the constitutionality ar… https://t.co/AEFwGGKWrP@AmLawInstAug 5
- The latest edition of The ALI Reporter is now available: https://t.co/PQEAMEUjh2https://t.co/zfL5cTA2s5@AmLawInstAug 5
- . @UCLA_Law has launched the ‘Safeguarding Democracy Project’ with @rickhasen as director. Learn more about the proj… https://t.co/2Lw94lzkge@AmLawInstAug 4
- Following his retirement from #SCOTUS, Justice Breyer joins @Harvard_Law as the Byrne Professor of Administrative L… https://t.co/hAtBaibBMe@AmLawInstAug 3
- "Now You See It Now You Don’t – How the UCC Amendments Will Undo Bitcoin’s Brief Status as Money," is available on… https://t.co/QsCJwbXYGd@AmLawInstAug 2